Thursday, July 2, 2009

Starting Out

I'm a teacher and at the end of school I was talking to the mother of one of my students. She was remembering back when her son was little and she and her husband had just bought their first house and they had everything in front of them.

Which is exactly where I am. Which is pretty cool. I have Maggie and R and we have our first house. Our whole life is in front of us. I look at Maggie sometimes and think she's going to be our oldest child. This little baby will be a big sister (I hope). It's such an amazing feeling. How often in life can you feel like you're on the right path and happy where you are and where you are going?

And it's also a little funny. When I was pregnant I literally started figuring out how old I would be when Maggie was 18. Like, how long do we have to do this. And now I imagine all the steps along the way. The themed birthday parties. The ballet classes. The other babies. The life we'll lead and the family we will be.

No comments: