Monday, September 21, 2009

It was bound to happen


Since Maggie was born, I have been afraid that someone would think I was still pregnant. And somehow I’ve gone almost a year and it had never happened.
Had.
Until now.
At my brother-in-law’s birthday party, my Memaw (my own grandma) came up to me and asked me if I was pregnant. Oh the pain. The horror. The shame.
It wasn’t quite as humiliating as I guess it could have been. It could have been the grocery clerk with a long line behind me. It was just me and Memaw (although I promptly told Elaine and several friends). But still. . . ouch.
You would think this would have me working out like a fiend. But no. Why is it so hard to work out? My choices are to get up at 5am or to wait until Maggie goes to bed. I think both of these choices suck. Hence the not working out. Hence Memaw thinking I’m pregnant.
*Sob*

No comments: