Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Format

It's occurred to me that I rarely write here anymore and I couldn't figure out why. Until (obviously) now.

I've been trying to be all serious about this blog and analytics (?) and blah, blah, blah. Who am I? I'm not a writer. Not really. This blog is about remembering my life. The ins and outs of my days. It doesn't matter if anyone reads or not.

With this in mind, I've decided to somewhat change my format. I cannot come up with stories to tell every day. I read other, real blogs and think wow, I write nothing like that. So since I can't keep pace with the big girls, I just give up? Eff that.

I am highly logical, analytical, etc. so instead of trying to be creative I'm making (which I know that is creating) a sort of template that I'll basically fill in as often as I want. It'll probably change a lot but for now:

Best part of my day: Getting to sleep in really late. It finally occurred to me this morning that I've had the "early shift" every day of vacation. And that hardly seems fair. So this morning when Maggie woke up I informed R he needed to get his ass up while I slept in. And let me tell you, it was nice.

Worst part of my day: Being a bum and not going to yoga for like the millionth time in a row. Why is it so hard to get back in the swing of things? I guess the trick is to never stop because re-starting is ridiculously hard.

Maggie Moment: Maggie has started signing and it's so stinking cute. It's not hugely useful since she also, you know, speaks but it sure is adorable. When she is hungry she says, "Eat," and points at her mouth. So cute.

Also she was in the kitchen, starting to explore/empty the cabinets and drawers. I walked up to her and very firmly told her "No!" For the next 5 or 10 minutes she walked up and down the kitchen saying, "No, no, no."

Gratitude: My baby, my angel. I love her so much it feels painful sometimes. Who knew?

1 comment:

becca said...

I have totally realized that I have to write for ME. I have to say what's on my mind in the way that I'm comfortable saying it. I've tried to keep up with the big girls too but it's impossible. Whatever will keep you coming back to your blog is what you have to do. Don't give up! The more you do it, the more you'll love it.

I'm working on getting Luke into signing because he's not speaking. It's so cute. And I know the feeling of loving so much it hurts. I feel the same way about my kids.