Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 2

Best part of the day: Spending all day with my sister, always a nice thing. Seeing family.

Worst part of the day: Seeing my grandmother at her worst; sick, confused, weak.

Maggie moment: Well I only got to see her for about 5 minutes as I was leaving but that was sweet. She was telling me she wanted to eat. Still so cute. I also had fun telling my grandma stories about her.

Gratitude: While we were in the hospital I was reminded of the 2 times I've been in the hospital: once when I was 16 and had an appendectomy and once when I was in the Marine Corps and broke my legs and had to be on bed rest for 6 freaking weeks.

When I got my appendectomy tons of people came and visited but only one person could stay the night with me (and sleep on a ridiculous, tiny couch) and that person was: Elaine.

When I was in the Navy hospital in South Carolina (my entire family is in Texas) only one person came and saw me (the first of any family I had seen in about 5 or 6 months): Elaine.

I am so grateful to my sister who is always, always there for me. I feel like this says it all and is also woefully inadequate at saying how much I love and am truly grateful for my sister.

Elaine, I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you. I love you.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow, that made me tear up! Thanks! I love you too!