Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11

Best part of the day: The 1 and 1/2 hours I spent with Maggie at my Mom's house before Open House started at my school. She is so much fun. It's amazing to me how funny and silly and sweet she is now. As she gets older I definitely mourn that she's not a little baby anymore but her sweet little personality more than makes up for the fact she's not so. . . teeny, I guess. I don't know why it's so hard for me to see her getting older. I guess it brings home the fact that she's not mine to keep forever. She's her own person and some day she'll live her own life. But for now she's my little girl and I am so in love with her.

Also, last Saturday, R and I were in the car on our way to Elaine's house for dinner. We had to stop to get wine and he grabbed some sushi to hold him over until dinner. We sat in the car while he ate and kinda chatted. Then, out of the blue, he said, "I love you lady." It wasn't today but it was a nice moment that I want to remember.

Worst part of the day: Um, I don't know. It's been a pretty good day. I wasn't thrilled about having to go back up to work for Open House but it wasn't horrible. I have a big under-the-skin zit that I could certainly do without. And seriously on Open House day? I have to break out today? Come on universe, through me a frickin' bone.

Maggie moment: I fed Maggie dinner at my Mom's house. After she had eaten I let her down and went to get myself dinner. She followed me around the whole time saying, "Eat," and "Hungry." So I got her a little more food and sat her back down. She refused to eat anything of hers and just kept pointing at my food and asking, "Bite?" So stinkin' cute but eat your own food kid.

Gratitude: I say this all the time but it's so true, my daughter. I am so grateful for her. But I always say that so I'll try to come up with something else.

How about my health, the fact that I am pretty comfortable financially, that I have a job, that I have a home, a car, etc., the health and happiness of my partner and daughter, my sister's pregnancy? That's a pretty good list.

No comments: