Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3

Best part of the day: Taking Maggie to the park. For the first 10 or 15 minutes, she needed to be held while she just looked. I squatted next to her and she stood with her arms around me and I had my arms around her. I know that she won't always need me this much but I love holding her and being her security.

Also she came up to me this evening to "chat" and I just looked at her face and. . . I don't know. I had no idea how much I could love someone. She brings me more joy than I can even explain.

Worst part of the day: Testing. Boo. That was lame. One of my student's mother told him she can't handle him and is sending him to live with his father. This is a third grade kid and his mother is a basket case looney toon. But seriously what a horrid cruel thing to say to your child. Even if it's the truth, how you could you tell your child that?

Maggie moment: All of them. Ha. She's so sweet. It's hard to pick. R and I have been talking to her about the potty and she often walks around saying,"In the potty." While we were at the park she walked up to a mother sitting on the bench and told her,"In the potty." It was pretty funny.

Gratitude: Elaine!!!

No comments: