Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10, 2010

One of the things in the Happiness Project is the idea of having sort of Life Rules that you live by. I've created a few and I like the idea. But I have a tendency to not think about that sort of thing. Even if I read over the list daily, I'm afraid it wouldn't really sink in, you know. So I thought maybe I could write about my Rules to try and remind myself why I picked them and what they mean to me.

So my first Rule is: Love is all you need. I made this rule because I think that I tend to keep score in relationships. I.e. I did x, so I'm not talking to you until you do y. Even though I haven't told you that. It's a horrible trait and I'm actually really bad about it, especially with R. So my goal is to always remember that I love R and treat him that way. Not just R but everyone. Love is, in my opinion, the meaning of life. Not only romantic love but the love we have for our kids, our friends, our family. I need to be doing everything I can to show my love. Life is short and if you miss your chance, it's gone. I want everyone I love to know that I love them.

Best part of the day: I had another wonderfully productive day, which is always so fabulous. But for my best part, definitely Maggie's tumbling class. It was so cute watching her do all the little things. It was more involved than I thought and I did the whole thing with her. We had so much fun.

Gratitude: My baby is all better. She's ravenous but she's well. It's so nice to my sweet, funny little girl back. She's starting doing silly little things, like pinching noses and making little jokes. I am so lucky to have such a sweet baby. I love her so, so much!

No comments: