Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17, 2010

I'm planning on starting the South Beach diet next week. I'm very excited about it. I've never actually gone on a diet before. Not like a real diet plan and followed it. I've lost about 20 pounds and been stuck here a while so I thought I'd try something else. Plus I think sugar is pretty evil and I like the idea of detoxing off that.

I turned 28 this week. Which is crazy. Life is going by so freaking fast. It felt like it took a million years to get to 18 and the ten years since then have passed in the blink of an eye. How does that happen?

I finally went to an exercise class at the gym and brought Maggie with me. I hadn't been going because I was nervous about putting her in the gym day care. Why am I always so silly about stuff like this? It was fine. No, it was great. I had a great, fun work out (that I'm paying for every month!) and she had fun with the other kids and toys and stuff. We're going to another class in the morning.

I'm having a big Father's Day brunch on Sunday. I'm not really nervous about it this time. This is the third big party I've thrown. The first two were narrowly avoided disasters (and only avoided because of wonderful, kind-hearted Elaine) but the third was great. I didn't go overboard and try to do too much and I was laid back the whole time. I'm going into this one with the same attitude and I'm sure it'll be great. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm making 3 different kinds of muffins and 3 different kinds of pancakes. Which I guess seems like a lot but, even made from scratch, muffins and pancakes are super easy.

Also my stepbrother, whom I haven't seen in about 10 years is coming. That'll be nice. He's married and has a daughter, who is 3. I'm looking forward to meeting them. And how fun will it be to have another little girl there.

Speaking of other little girls, Elaine's baby is a girl!!! I'm so excited. I cannot wait for that little baby to get here. I'm so excited for all of it. The birth, the shower, the baby. Oh, the baby.

Best part of my day: Maggie's tumbling class. It's so much fun. Watching her do the activities and especially this time to see her understand better and participate more was great. She just laughs and runs and we have so much fun together. I love it!

Gratitude: I'm so grateful for everything. For my clean house, for my family, my daughter, my pets, my life. I am so lucky in so many ways. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am.

No comments: