Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010

Day 5 of South Beach Diet
I lost another 1.2 pound today. Wow. Oh, wait I donated blood yesterday. That's probably more impressive than it should be. Well, I guess they only take a pint. I don't know. Either way, woo hoo!

I'm supposed to work out today but I'm not sure what to do. I'm scared to lift weights because you are supposed to wait 24 hours after donating before doing any heavy lifting. I am always so scared of hurting my arm after donating. I'm thinking of doing a Zumba class. That's all cardio, no lifting. I was going to do a yoga class but that has lifting using your body weight.

Later:
Problem solved! I decided to go to the Zumba class but I forgot it wasn't at my usual gym but at one further away. So when I was ready to go, it suddenly occurred to me that I wouldn't make it. So yoga it was. I googled the address and left.

Google totally f*cked me. It sent me to some tiny street in a different town. Somehow I managed to find my way to the class, sign Maggie up for the daycare and get to the class only 15 minutes late. I felt horrible coming in late. So rude.

Best Part of the day

Continuing from above because this class was awesome and the best part of my day. First, the class was huge. I was shocked when I saw how big the room was and packed wall to wall. I accidentally touched and was touched by the lady next to me several times. It was crazy. But it took me about two seconds to figure out why. It was one of the best yoga classes I've ever taken. I absolutely loved it. It was hard but I felt amazing. I will definitely be going back.

Gratitude


I am grateful today for my home. I love my house. I love improving it every day. I do little tiny things and they add up to make such a big difference after a while. Just keeping it clean and tidy make such a difference.

I love my neighborhood. We live on a beautiful cul-de-sac with huge trees and friendly people. I know both of my neighbors quite well.

I love all my windows. I open all the blinds in the house and there is so much light. The living room has giant windows and the sun room is almost all windows. I love it.

I love this home. I love this family. I love that it is ours.

1 comment:

AliBlahBlah said...

I'm so with you on the computer addiction thing. Our cable was out briefly last week and I went to check email about twenty times an hour. Rather like not knowing how vain you are until you move a mirror and catch yourself trying to look at your reflection in a wall a hundred times a day.

Or maybe that's just me.