Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26, 2010

Last night R and I had a big fight about scheduling, etc. He was annoyed that I had scheduled something that required him to be home at a certain time without consulting him. I guess he's right but it does annoy me. I hate that he can schedule anything anytime because he just assumes I'll be with Maggie but I can't schedule anything ever without a consult because I can't make the same assumption.

When he got home (we argued via phone), everything was fine. Then ironically he went out (having never mentioned it to me) with his best friend and his BF's fiance to see a movie. I wasn't too irritated (although the irony was pretty thick) because I needed to clean and I was pretty tired since Maggie had woken me up at 6.30am yesterday.

Sometime in the night (probably around 11-1), R came home. He woke me up to tell me that he was sorry and he shouldn't have gone out and he realized that he was making decisions as a single guy instead of a family guy. We talked for a while about a ton of stuff. I really want to write all about it but it was really personal so I won't. Suffice to say it made me feel so much better about everything. It was truly an amazing talk. I love R so much. And he can be so guarded and closed off and combative. I don't know if he's ever opened up to me like that.

Moving on. . .

Day 6 of the South Beach Diet

I lost another 0.6 pound for a grand total of 7.2 pounds lost in the FIRST week. Wow. I am super excited about that!

I bought a pair of jeans online yesterday. I wasn't sure if I should or not. I only have one pair and it's not the greatest. Everything else is too big. But see, I have more I want to lose so I'm hesitant to spend money on something just to turn around and spend more money later. But still I need a pair. So I went on overstock.com and found a pair of very cheap on sale jeans and bought them. I think I got an exceptional deal because I think these jeans are very popular and usually expensive. They are called Seven something and I think I've heard of them.

I'm pretty sore today from yesterday's yoga class. I love it. I love yoga. I've been thinking about that a lot.

I've spent the past year (well, really the past 10 years) trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I ended up a teacher and while I love my students and my co-workers, I don't feel like it's my passion. So I've been trying to figure out what it my passion; what should I be doing. And the past few weeks, I think maybe I've had a bit of a breakthrough.

I've always wanted to own something. A doggy day care, a health store, a restaurant, something. And then I started thinking about becoming a personal trainer. But now I'm thinking about becoming a yoga teacher and eventually opening a yoga studio. I'm not sure. It's a big goal. I already feel unsure. The first thing I'd need to do would be to establish a regular yoga practice. I can afford to get a yoga membership (it would hurt but not horribly) but who would watch Maggie. The place I want to go to finally opened a studio near me (a sign?) but the best classes are during the day so again who to watch Maggie? Especially since I'd need to go most days, if not every day. I don't know; I need to give it more thought. Much more thought.

Best part of the day

We went out to R's Mom's house and swam all afternoon. It was blissful. I laid in the floaty thingy and it was so nice and relaxing and I am so tired now. Which is nice. I forgot how much the sun wears you out.

Gratitude

I'm grateful for my MIL (sort of--sort of MIL, not sort of grateful). I really do get along with her and genuinely like her. With all the horror stories about MIL/DIL relationships, I feel really lucky to get along so well with her.

Speaking of MIL horror stories, I have a friend whose MIL, when she met her for the first time, told her, "Oh no, you are too fat to date my son." What can you possibly say to that?

No comments: