Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29, 2010

Day 8 of the South Beach Diet

AAHH!!! I gained again. I've decided to cut out olive oil (I get plenty of good fats) and add lots and lots of water. Also I will try to eat less at each meal.

Last night I went and got a pedicure and the lady doing it asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. I had just finished a big dinner that included lots of beans (if you catch my drift), but good Lord. That sucks. I've never been asked that before and I weigh 30 pounds less now than I did at my highest (not pregnant).

Best part of my day

I am addicted to my yoga classes. I think I'm going to focus on going to all yoga class for now. I am loving it. I'll probably still run a couple of times a week just to get in some good cardio (and hopefully fat/weight loss) but mostly yoga.

Yoga is truly the best workout. Usually you do yoga in one of two ways. Short holds or long holds. Short holds mean you hold every pose for a short amount of time but move quickly between poses. This makes your heart pound and is great cardio. Plus you get strength and flexibility and relaxation. The other kind is long holds. You move slower but hold the poses until you are pretty sure you are going to die. We did this kind today. I definitely got my heart rate up and my muscles were burning. Plus I still get the flexibility, the balance, the relaxation, the works. It's the perfect work out.

Gratitude

Maggie is potty training. We're on day 2 and it sucks. I very much don't like it. She also threw her first temper tantrum today. It was less than fun, although I did video tape some of it. Which I feel really guilty about. What a mean bitch.

Wait what does this have to do with gratitude? Oh, right. I am grateful that. . . I don't know. Not sure what I was going for.

I'm grateful for my funny daughter. We have been going through old videos and labeling and organizing them. When people ask her questions in the videos she tries to answer them. It is so cute. She also yells and waves at the people in the video. I love watching them with her. It's so sweet. Especially when someone in the video tells her to dance so she starts dancing.

No comments: