Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

Day 9 of the South Beach Diet

Well I'm down 0.2 pound, which is better than gaining. Maybe I should have only weighed myself at the end of the 2 weeks.

I should write a little about the food. It's still so easy. I'm amazed at how not difficult or frustrating it is. I don't feel deprived at all. It really is an awesome diet and I am healthier. And eventually I will lose this last 14 pounds. I know it wants to stay but dammit it's going.

Best part of my day

Yoga was amazing today. It's not even hot yoga and I had sweat dripping down my face, my arms, my legs. I seriously got my ass handed to me.

Maggie was so happy today. It was great. She was laughing and being silly. I love her so much. Her silky curly hair. Her sweet baby face. Her belly laugh. I am the luckiest Mommy in the whole world.

Gratitude

I had visitors today. My Dad came over to see Maggie and me. Mostly he sat around and waited for Maggie to wake up but we did talk a lot about our upcoming vacation to Maine.

My stepdad came over too. He was only here to air up the tires on my bike. I know that sounds silly, but well, it's a long story. But I am so grateful to be able to ride my again. Although not today because it's raining. Stupid rain.

Then my friend Lisa came over and hung out. She doesn't have kids and I think she was a little shocked about being around a toddler. Maggie was in full form; climbing, yelling, laughing, not to mention she peed right next to Lisa. I can see how that might be a little shocking. I tried to calm Maggie and definitely kept her off of Lisa. I gave Lisa a towel to separate them in case Maya peed. Lisa was very sweet to her but I could tell she was surprised. I am too. Toddlers are f*cking crazy and they never stop.

No comments: