Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010

Life Rule: Doing a little bit every day is better than doing it all at once. Or never.

I wrote about this a couple of days ago, I think. Basically I have bad habit of thinking I can get everything done and then do nothing forever. But what always ends up happening is that I get my couple of "free" days and then I never want to do it again. Then I let things build up so that just the thought of working on something is so overwhelming, I avoid it altogether. So I'm trying to do things every day. To rid myself of the idea of having days off. Life needs to be lived daily. Things like cleaning up after yourself, getting dressed, exercising and eating well should be done daily. They should just be a part of life.

I struggle with this is so many ways. The more I write, the more I think of other ways this manifests itself in my life. I guess this might end up being something I work on for the rest of my life. It's one of those things that even though I know how much happier and how much more satisfied this makes me, I constantly have to fight to remind myself to do this.

Best part of the day: I had a birthday dinner with part of my family. My sister and brother-in-law, my Dad, my stepmom and my other sister were all there. Along with Maggie and I (R had to work.). It was nice being around people. Elaine is now noticeably pregnant, which is so exciting. Well actually it's not all that noticeable but I did see it when she moved a certain way. Very exciting.

Gratitude: I'm grateful I have the summer off. Although I do sometimes have a harder time when I have unstructured time, I'm trying really hard to be proactive and keep myself productive. It's such a waste to not enjoy this time off. And so far, this summer, every day has been great. Every day has been productive. I have exercised and eaten well every day. I have been happy every day. It really is such a gift to have this time to enjoy my daughter and live my life.

No comments: