Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3, 2010

Happiness Project: Smile

I wrote this one because I have seen a ton of research on how good it is to smile. How it lifts your mood and the mood of those around you. And truly what could be easier. If you feel sad, smile. If you feel angry, smile. It can be hard to do, but it definitely works.

Day 12 of the South Beach Diet

Today was tough. We were at a barbeque with all kinds of yummy looking food and I wanted to dive in elbows deep. But I would have been so sad if I had done that. So far, so good.

Also, I maintained my weight from yesterday, which is fine. Oddly enough this is the first time I've maintained. I've either gained or lost every other day. It's not as good as a loss but it's a heck of a lot better than a gain.

Best part of the day

I had an amazing yoga class again but what was so great was that I got up extra early for it. I was tired when the alarm went off but I got up, got dressed and went to yoga. I feel very proud of my self.

Gratitude

My family. I'm out here with tons of family. Close family, extended family. I love family get-togethers, which is funny because I hated them as a kid (well, a teen). But I just love seeing everyone and Maggie getting to see everyone. It's a great thing to have lots of family.

No comments: