Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4, 2010

Happiness Project: Always be grateful

This one is easy when I can remember it. There is almost always a positive outlook when you are having a hard time.

Thank God I left on time or this traffic would have made me late.

Thank God R and I are learning more about each other through this argument.

Thank God Maggie's lungs are so healthy.

There's so much to be grateful and sometimes I forget that I surrounded by abundance. I have a huge family that I love. I have in-laws that I love. I have friends, co-workers, etc. I have my daughter and boyfriend. My home, my car, my clothes. I live in a stable country. I am quite safe. R and I both have jobs. We have college educations. We are so amazingly lucky.

Day 13 of the South Beach Diet

Well I went out of town and didn't cheat. It's amazing to me how much I connect vacation and bingeing. As soon as we got on the road I wanted to stop for fast food, ice cream, snacks, etc. I wanted to eat big every where we went. And it was quite plain that it was just an association thing for me. That's just what I do on road trips and vacations. Which, uh, wow, that's bad. Except I didn't this time. I ate my food that I made at home and brought. I ate nuts and cheese too. I am so proud of myself for not crumbling in the face of temptation. It's hard to do.

I didn't have my scale out there so I don't know what I weigh. Even though I didn't eat any differently I am convinced I will have gained since Saturday. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I've never gone anywhere and not gained but who knows. I guess we'll see in the morning.

Best part of my day

Maggie peed in the potty again today. She didn't go in her diaper almost at all over the past 36 hours or so. When we got home and I put her on her potty (I brought her potty with us but she wouldn't use it), she peed big time. She's getting it. I may have a potty trained daughter soon.

Gratitude

I'm so grateful for my family. I'm grateful I got to stop by and see my grandma's grave. I'm grateful for everything I have.

No comments: