Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bored fat?

I’ve been giving a lot of thought to why I binge and I’ve come up with something. I think one reason I binge is that I’m bored. I’m bored at my job, I’m bored when I have summers off. I’m just bored. Even staying home with a 2 year old gets boring because it doesn’t take real brain power so much as major stamina.



I don’t have a job that is really challenging to me. I’m actually a pretty smart person but I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do so I ended up here. I wish I did something that was challenging. Something I had to work at.



I think this leads to bingeing in two ways. One, when you’re bored eating seems fun and for a few minutes, it is.



Two, I think living a life without challenging myself leads me to want to create an unsolvable problem (ie losing weight). I wonder if I had something challenging to do if I would still feel the urge to binge. I wonder what I could do.

No comments: