Friday, August 20, 2010

Hooray!

Fantastic news first: I haven’t binged. I have (mostly) followed the guidelines and certainly my goal of eating only when hungry. I’m so excited. Especially because last night, I really wanted to binge. I know that my binging comes from a place in my head, not in my stomach but it can be really hard to overcome that desire. I mostly used distraction to not binge. I tried on some new clothes and thought up cute outfits and then I went to bed.



I think one thing that really helps me as far as avoiding binges is to remember that you don’t have to do it. I know it feels like it’s an urge that won’t be denied but you can deny it. I also tell myself that every time I don’t do it will make it easier for me to avoid it in the future.



So that’s that. I’m really excited. It’s hard to walk through the fear of weight gain and trust that this will work eventually but I have to believe that it will. The big fear is spending my entire time on this planet obsessing over losing weight or what size pants I fit into. It’s missing time with my daughter because I’m too busy thinking about how many calories I’ve had so far. It’s missing life because I’m putting off living until I weigh X.



Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Yayayay!! This post made my day! I love this: " know it feels like it’s an urge that won’t be denied but you can deny it."