Monday, September 6, 2010

Lucky

I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of days ago. She was lamenting her lack of family. She has family that is alive but has little interest in being involved in her or her children's lives. It made me realize how luck I am.

I have four parents, all of whom adore Maggie and are directly involved in her life. I have 3 in-laws that I love. I could have had Marie and Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond but I got a great set up of funny, kind people.

I have aunts and uncles and siblings and cousins. I have so many people in my life that love and care for me. I am so lucky. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am. I think when most people talk about how they want a close family, they want something that looks like my family. And I have it. How lucky is that.

So I guess I just wanted to write about how grateful I am for my family and friends. My cup runneth over.

No comments: