Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Books, books, books

1. Favorite childhood book?
Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume

2. What are you reading right now?
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (I think) and Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and
Elyse Resch

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
A Geneen Roth book. My wish list on Amazon is crazy long.

4. Bad book habit?
I don't think so. I have, in the past, had a really hard time quitting books I'm not enjoying.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
No library books but I have quite a few books To Be Read. Life without Ed, The Good Earth, Great Gatsby, Mother Night, Night are a few.

6. Do you have an e-reader?
No. Well I have one for blogs but not books.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I usually read one fiction and one nonfiction at a time. Sometimes I read multiple nonfiction but never more than one fiction.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I don't think so.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
I didn't really like The girl who played with fire. I also tried to read the Lord of the Ring trilogy. I made it through The Hobbit but I hated it. Where did the movies come from? Those books are so boring. Dreaming in Hindi was super lame too.

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
I freaking love Twilight series. I also really liked The Happiness Project and I'm loving Intuitive Eating.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Um, I don't know what this question means. I guess reading books that make me uncomfortable. Never. I read for pleasure.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
See above.

13. Can you read on the bus?
Usually.

14. Favorite place to
read?
Bed.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
No problem. I rarely keep books so I give them away once I finish them. If I loved, I have no problem sharing.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
All the time.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Not that I can think of.

18. Not even with text books?
Not usually. Occasionally highlight.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English.

20. What makes you love a book?
I don't know.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I like it.

22. Favorite genre?
Not sure. I read everything really.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Not sure. I feel pretty good about my reading.

Favorite biography?
Huh, uh, does the Other Boelyn Girl count? What a great book and historically very accurate.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
All the freaking time. I'm a big believer in self-improvement.

26. Favorite cookbook?
Don't have one.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Happiness Project and Intuitive Eating

28. Favorite reading snack?
I don't like to eat and read.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I can't think of one. I try to know as little about books as possible so things don't get ruined.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don't read critics.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
It's not my fault if a book sucks. I didn't write it.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
French or Italian

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I was scared to read Tolstoy but I love War and Peace and Anna Karenina.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Nothing.

35. Favorite Poet?
Good Lord, I hate poetry.

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
I usually have between 10 and 20 books to be read at any given time.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Never. Even if I don't finish (because I don't like it), I always start the book.

38. Favorite fictional character?
Snape. I'm a sucker for unrequited love sufferers. ("Look at me.")

39. Favorite fictional villain?
What was that evil bitch from the Harry Potter books? Bella something. She was a twisted villain.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Whatever I'm reading and a few extras.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Not sure. Never very long.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Fellowship of the Ring and Pride and Prejudice.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Noise; talking, TV, etc.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The English Patient. I hated the book but absolutely loved the movie.

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Most are disappointing.

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Who knows?

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I didn't like it. Rape, sexual abuse, etc.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
No. I keep very few books.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Give them away.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
I avoided Twilight.

52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Girl who Played with Fire. What a let down.

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Harry Potter and Twilight.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Lord of the Rings and Life of Pi

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Funny mysteries. Twilight. Bridget Jones.

No comments: