Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friends

There is a saying, "Make friends before you need them." I like that. I love the idea of having friends as almost an insurance policy. You don't usually NEED them but someday you will.

I always saw myself as having very few friends. But when I look around now I finally see that really isn't true. I have a large collection of friends I've gathered over the years. People I can count and that can count on me.

It's amazing how important friendships become in bad times. And how easy it is to neglect them in good times. Friendships tend to be the first sacrifice in a busy life. And yet they are so important. I try hard to keep my friendships alive.

I send emails, make phone calls and plans. I try to show up. It's not always easy but I know it's one of the most important things in life. Happiness and health are strongly influenced by the number of relationships you have. The more, the better.

Here's to making and keeping friends!

No comments: