Friday, February 17, 2012

February 17, 2012

Today was (finally) my scan. I actually managed to make it to the place on time. Yea me! But I got very poor directions and I couldn't find anyone to help out so I couldn't actually find the place until like 9.40 (my appointment was at 9 am). I felt bad but damn; the hospital is huge and being renovated. Not one of the registration/help desks had someone working. It was no fun.

But once I finally got everything done and got to the right place, the scan went fine. The nursing student who put my IV in was awesome. I didn't feel a thing; I was quite impressed. I pretty much snoozed during the whole test. I'm interested to see how it comes out because they vaguely implied that everything looked fine. In which case, WTF mate? I'd so much rather have a clear answer. Although I think the problem is stress, more than anything else. I don't think it's a coincidence that the worst attack was after a particularly stressful day at work.

Anyway, after that was Maggie's eye follow-up appointment. We had fun (I almost always have fun with Maggie--are all parents this lucky?) playing and chatting. I coached her through introducing herself to the other girls in the waiting room and asking them to play with her. She was kind of grumpy about it (I think it makes her nervous to ask other kids to play--she kind of says (to me), "That girl wants to play with me."--oh, so sweet). Social skills are so hard to learn and unfortunately the best way to learn is through natural consequences, which often involve hurt feelings. Uh, I hate the idea of her feelings ever being hurt.

I talked to R for a long time on the phone and it was nice and easy. Which is good, it's nice to not be mad or sad with each other. After all, we'll be Maggie's parents for the rests of our lives.

We came home and took a long nap. Then we played dolls for a while. She was the eye doctor doing an exam on her puppets. She was rambunctiously, super hyper, so we decided to take a walk and Gran decided to join us. It was so nice. God, I'll miss this weather. It's perfect, we wore our jackets and just felt great. I always forget how great it feels to get off my a$$ and MOVE. I've been loving taking a walk or two every day, in addition to jogging, which is also very nice.

I talked on the phone for a little while with this guy I met. Definitely no sparks, he had this weird, nervous laugh that he laughed after almost every single thing he said. Alas.

No comments: