Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bad Habits: 30 days

So I was on Maggie's site and she linked up to Matt's site to talk about doing a project every 30 days. Having been severely depressed and overweight for most of the last 3 and 1/2 years, I've picked up some really bad habits. I love the idea of fixing them one at a time with this sort of project. I feel like I've let things slide in such a horrible way (just to survive being depressed) and I need to fix these things but the idea of taking on every habit at once is daunting, to say the least. So every 30 days I'll pick something new and commit to doing that one thing for 30 days.

I'm going to start with self-care. I've let this slide horribly. It just feels like such an effort to shower and brush my teeth and put on make up and actually put together an outfit and fix my hair but going without doing those things is hell on a person's self-esteem and self-worth. So for the next 30 days I am going to do all of those things every day. Nothing overly fancy but every day, no matter what, I'm going to get up and get completely dressed. No staying in pjs all day because I'm not going anywhere or not wearing make up because I'm only going to the grocery store. I'm going to take care of myself. I'll update here because I want to be accountable (even though I don't anyone reads this but Laurie :)) even if it's just to myself (or should that be me? damn you confusing grammar rules).

No comments: