Saturday, June 9, 2012

Favorite Songs

I don't know why I'm writing this; maybe I need something lighter after my last post. So I finally have a top five songs and I want to write about them.

1. Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
I have loved this song since I was 13. I recorded it off the radio when it was number 2 on 98.7's Memorial Day Top 500 countdown. Then I looped it to play over and over on both sides of the tape. I listened to it constantly. So much so that my sister's high school boyfriend still can't stand the song. Bummer for him.

2. Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
I heard this song in the movie Dream a Little Dream and I instantly loved it. "I wanna rock your gypsy soul." Such a beautiful song.

3. You Shouldn't Kiss me like this by Toby Keith
This song came out when I was about 18 or 19 and wow, what a beautiful love song.

4. I Know by Fiona Apple
I love this song. It's about a girl who is getting cheated on by her boyfriend but she still loves him. It is so beautiful.

5. Remember When by Alan Jackson
I just discovered this song. It is, oh, it moves me. Well, I guess all these songs do. It is a gorgeous love song. It is a man describing his life with his wife. So beautiful.

So these are my top five. Love, love these songs.

No comments: